Chris is an attorney in Tarle Law's Austin Texas office, which allows for representation of clients throughout the state of Texas and ready access to State governmental agencies. Chris is licensed in both Mississippi and Texas.
Chris spent most of his life in Mississippi, before moving to Austin, Texas in 2016. Chris attended Millsaps College and Mississippi College School of Law, both in Jackson, Mississippi.
Chris has practiced in the insurance defense field for nearly two decades and has a broad background, mainly in construction law, handling litigation and pre-litigation claims, representing architects, engineers, developers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in construction defect, design defect, and other construction issues related to both commercial and residential construction as well as oil-field drilling and maitenance matters. Chris also has extensive experience handling medical malpractice defense matters for malpractice insurers such as CNA, Continental Casulaty, Fortress, Chicago Insurance and others, in matters pertaining to both individual medical practitioners and medical facilites such as medical clinics, imaging facilities, hospitals, nursing homes and hospice facilities.
Chris also has experience representing and advising hospital, educational and governmental governing boards, related to medical and governmental compliance, purchasing, leasing and other contractural issues, student and physician disciplinary matters, medical privileging issues and litigation surrounding these matters. Chris also has experience with insurance coverage opinions, crop insurance litigation, personal injury defense, adminstrative law, professional licensing defense, toxic torts, Federal Section 1983 defense of jailhouse and prison medical staff and facilities, and business transactional issues related to medical company and partnership formations, partnership agreements, non-compete agreements, medical form development and compliance, arbitration agreements and medical/dental practice purchase and expansions.
Upon graduation from the Mississippi College School of Law, Chris clerked for Chancellor William Lutz and thereafter entered private practice. He is active in his church and the community serving with the Austin Ridge Bible Church's Men's Ministry and Night to Shine. Chris is married and has three daughters.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction (accidents/injury, contracting, defects)
- Medical/Dental Malpractice
- Administrative Healthcare Matters
- Professional Licensing
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- Juris Doctor
- Mississippi College, Clinton, Mississippi
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Biology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Mississippi Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- BERTOLINO LAW LLP, Austin, TX, Attorney, 2017 to 2019
- SIMMONS LAW GROUP, Ridgeland, MS, Partner, 2006 to 2016
- Simmons Law Group, Ridgeland, MS, Associate
- Obert Law Group, P.A., Attorney
- Chancellor William Lutz, 11th District Chancery Court of Mississippi, Law Clerk/Staff Attorney
- WILLIAM CAREY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE, Hattiesburg, MS, Attorney, 2013 to 2016
- SIMPSON GENERAL HOSPITAL BOARD OF TRUSTEES, Mendenhall, MS, Attorney, 2011 to 2014
- MISSISSIPPI BOARD OF SUPERVISORS-GREENE COUNTY, Greene County, MS, Attorney, 2007 to 2011
- Delta Theta Phi
- Phi Kappa Alpha